Re: Syncing lines in XY4 in VDosplus

  • From: Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 13:26:22 -0400

Paul,

I cannot find any XY4 screeen length that will return exactly to the same length after exiting to DOS and returning. Is this your experience as well?

No, not at all. I find your experience puzzling. I can't reproduce it with a screen length of 43 or any other length. Also, I'm a bit confused about whether the issue has to do with screen dimensions, window size, or a combination of the two.

As a threshold matter, if you issue VA/NV MW, what value is returned? You want to make sure that DF MW=0 in SETTINGS.DFL, unless you prefer window borders, in which case make it DF MW=1.

How are you shelling to DOS? The usual command is DOS/NV/Z, although you can also use DOS/NV/Z /K CLS to clear the headers and get a clean DOS prompt. If you're doing anything other than this, please let me know.

You might try issuing SWF<Helpkey> once or twice after returning from DOS. This toggles full screen and borders, so it should get you to the full screen that you want, all other things being equal.

One other question; is there a way of issuing a window command that will make all open windows the new size?

DF MW=0 or DF MW=1 should have this effect.

Hope this helps.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx