Re: OED

  • From: J R FOX <jr_fox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 09:44:17 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sun, 2/12/12, Michael Norman <michael.norman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks to Robert Holmgren for his
> copious OED site. Just installed V4 with
> swhx.exe as the starter and it works flawlessly. Options
> allow you to
> eliminate the splash screen and go right to the dictionary
> on startup.
> Changed the target on all shortcuts to swhx.exe in case
> someone is at my
> machine and decides to use the programs list. Amazon
> offering CD-ROM for
> less than $200 now.
>
> Michael Norman

You know, I've probably read through that site about twice a
year, and *still* never really managed to digest some of the
key information.  I kept thinking that I'd have to locate a
really old version (1.13 ?) of the CD, and these don't seem
to be easy to find.  If in fact you are summarily stating
that we can "have it all" with V.4, with no residual advantages
to the early versions, I think you may have cut to the chase
for me here, and that will be good news.

  Jordan