Re: Jumbo U2 news

  • From: Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 14:04:59 -0500

Harry,

These sounds like terrific meta-level improvements.

Thanks. In general I think they are. I'm having second thoughts, however, about frame U2UPD, which I think may too aggressively interfere with the user's U2 setup. As written, the frame downloads the latest U2 package and unzips all files, overwriting existing files (backups of the existing XYWWWEB.U2 and XYWWWEB.INF are sent to the Windows %temp% directory). If the loaded U2 file is named XYWWWEB.U2, it loads the new XYWWWEB.U2 over it. While this may work for some or even many users, it may be disruptive for people (like you) who customize XYWWWEB.U2 or add their own programming to it. So U2UPD may be for the dust heap. It's hardly onerous to download and unzip the package manually.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx