Re: 'Death to Word'

  • From: "M.W. Poirier" <poirmw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:01:50 -0400 (EDT)

  Why not just save your XYWrite file as an RTF file?  Word can read
  RTF, and once it is read as RTF, save again as a DOC file.  That is
  how I do it.

  M.W. Poirier

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, ralph j gray wrote:

Dear Lynn,

I write in Xywrite and then strip out all format material. I separate
paragraphs with two line feeds. This is a pure ASCII file then which any
word processor (even Word) can read. Let the editors do the converting,
is my motto. They're editors, let them edit.

regards,

ralph

ralph gray
rgrayauto@xxxxxxxx

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:50:40 -0400 Lynn Brenner
<lynn.brenner.nyc@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
List members may be interested in this piece, which spells out every
reason to hate MS Word.

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2012/04/microsoft_wor
d_is_cumbersome_inefficient_and_obsolete_it_s_time_for_it_to_die_.html

I've long despised Word, but this article spells out reasons for hating
it that had never occurred to me.

I still write everything in Xywrite, but for years I've converted my copy
to Word before filing it because my various print and online editors
don't use Xywrite -- indeed, most of them have never even heard of it --
but all know Word.

After reading this article, I wonder whether Xywrite wouldn't make text
easier for them to move from one publishing platform to another.  Does
anyone on the list file copy to be published online in Xywrite?

Lynn Brenner
53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4f87010ad53d0d136m02vuc