[x500standard] FDIS ballot completed for ISO/IEC 9594 (X.500) - ballot resolution.

  • From: "Erik Andersen" <era@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Directory list" <x500standard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:33:51 +0200

The final ballot on sixth edition has been completed within ISO/IEC. The
Summaries Of Voting may be found on
http://www.x500standard.com/index.php?n=Ig.Ed6.

All parts are in principle approved. However, Part 2 (X.501), Part 3 (X.511)
Part 4 (X.518), Part 5 (X.519), Part 6 (X.520), Part 8 (X.509) and Part 9
(X.525) all have AFNOR (French) comments. These comments need to be
resolved. Interested parties are asked to review the French comments and see
if they are acceptable. The review will last until 12 June (at the time when
I come home from a vacation). If no adverse comments are received, the
French comments will be accepted and the suggestions will be applied to the
documents.

The ITU-T editing team has already, ahead of time, started the final
editing. I have received several comments from the editing team and resolved
those comments. I have also review the final editing of X.500 and X.501 in
paper format so far. We have a logistic problem in getting the result of the
ballot resolution into the documents. This logistic problem has not been
resolved. The ASN.1 formatting also seems to be a problem.

It is not pure fun to be a Project Editor.

Erik Andersen

Andersen's L-Service

Elsevej 48, DK-3500 Vaerloese

Denmark