[wwpoenglish] On the outcome of national elections in Israel

  • From: "Prof. Ernesto Kahan" <ekahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\(\) WWPO ENGLISH GROUP" <wwpoenglish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <IFLAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 19:04:26 +0200

On the outcome of national elections in Israel

The saying "when the guns sound the Muses are silent" by analogy, can be
adapted to the elections in Israel, saying that in the present situation of
war, the mass of voters turned to the warmongers and punished the liberal and
secular parties by nature inclined to peace agreements.

Coincidentally, liberal and leftist parties are also those who support
universal expressions of culture that are opposed to the instinctive reactions
of political violence that require less attitudes of tolerance and respect for
"the other".

The hope that we, the people who are for the political solutions to conflicts,
suffered a shock by the results of this election, but it is certain that after
we leave the sad emotion that encompasses us at present, we will restart the
ongoing struggle for the culture of peace, culture in general, tolerance,
freedom of expression and the separation of religion and state.

Prof. Emeritus Dr. Ernesto Kahan MD University Professor - Poet – Physician

Tel Aviv University, Israel.

Academician of Honor - International Academy of Sciences, Technology, Education
and Humanities (AICTEH) - Spain

 World Wide Peace Organization WWPO Honorary President and founder

Honorary President- Israeli Association Writers. Spanish Branch

1st Vice President - World Academy of Arts and Culture USA

Former Vice President of IPPNW (Association awarded the Nobel Peace Prize) and
the actual president of the Israeli Branch

Vice President Intl Forum for Literature and Culture of Peace (IFLAC)

Co-President -UHE- International Union of Hispano-American Writers