[wugsteering] Re: Website Users Group Program: "The ABCs of Writing for the Web"

  • From: "Bernie Kosberg" <bkosberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wugsteering@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:09:39 -0500

Hi Sally, =20
        Looks excellent and the content is very timely for us. I'll be
out of the country that week but Scott Kemp will be there representing
Ramapo for Children. =20

Bernie Kosberg
CEO, Ramapo for Children
ofc: 845.876.8403;  cell: 914.552.1537;  fax: 845.876.8414
ramapoforchildren.org

Thursday, February 19, 2004
2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
UJA-Federation  130 East 59th Street

Click  <http://www.ujafedny.org/site/R?i=3DIdX3gcLZEfHLD9vZkw9xAw..> =
here
register online

You have probably wondered whether the content on your organization's
website is inviting, readable, and effective.  This workshop will
address
the basics of creating user-friendly web content, including:
* Encouraging people to read the information on your web pages
* Making the content  clear, concise, and readable=20
* Adapting information from brochures, newsletters, and other materials
your website
* Tips and techniques for creating effective copy, including "chunking",
stylistic additions, and use of links

Following the large group presentation, we will break out into smaller
groups, each led by a website professional, in which you will receive
feedback, ideas, and suggestions about your agency's web content.  =20

Presenters:=20

Morry Galonoy is principal of Litchinut, a design studio specializing in
user-centered design. He is the founding director of Web Producers
Organization and an adjunct faculty member at Parsons School of Design
and
New School University.  He holds a masters degree in Interactive
Telecommunications from New York University and a bachelors in Corporate
Communication from the University of Baltimore.

Andrea Moed is a designer, writer and consultant specializing in
site-specific and location-centric media for the web and wireless
devices.
Recent clients have included the Prospect Park Audubon Center, the
Prospect
Park Alliance, the Wi-Fi Salon and the Usable Products Company. Andrea
has a
master's degree from NYU's Interactive Telecommunications Program and
teaches at the Parsons School of Design. Her writing on design and
technology has appeared in I.D., Print, Metropolis, ACM Interactions and
many other publications.

UJA-Federation Network Website Users Group Steering Committee:  Bernie
Kosberg, Chair,  Stephen Carl, Michael Davis, Jason Gitlin, Morry
Galonoy,
David Hollander, Sally Kaplan, Karen Kolodny, Suzanne Kronfeld, Jason
Selss,
and Sandy Williams. =20

RSVP BY:  February 6, 2004       Fee:  $10 per person

Click  <http://www.ujafedny.org/site/R?i=3DCveHzQWxbnvLD9vZkw9xAw..> =
here
register online.
=20
For further information, please contact:  Sally Kaplan
kaplans@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://www.ujafedny.org/site/R?i=3DOoJ3wR8zKhzLD9vZkw9xAw..>  or
212-836-1203
Suzanne Kronfeld   kronfelds@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://www.ujafedny.org/site/R?i=3DUO1JYFj5Hh3LD9vZkw9xAw..>   or
212-836-1229.

This Website Users Group session is open to affiliated agencies in the
UJA-Federation network and is part of an ongoing, effort to provide
opportunities for continuous exchange of information and ideas,
collaborative efforts, and cooperative learning.

Unsubscribe
<http://www.ujafedny.org/site/CO?i=3Dd2y-nmLoqCsYIexu6UOIqY8uFizeWeKm>
from
receiving e-mail, or change your e-mail preferences.

  =
<http://www.ujafedny.org/site/PixelServer?j=3DPVW6-G-cN8bLD9vZkw9xAw..>=20

UJA-Federation cares for those in need,=20
rescues those in harm's way, and =20
renews and strengthens the Jewish people=20
in New York, in Israel, and around the world.=20

To send a message to the group simply send email to
wugsteering@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To respond to an already posted message, simply hit reply.

To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to
wugsteering-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
field.

**Please note**: Online, searchable archives of our list postings are
available at
http://www.freelists.org/archives/wugsteering  Each list's archive is
automatically updated as new messages come in.

There's a FAQ at http://www.freelists.org/help/faq.html if you have any
questions about this list.