I try to keep a good eye on this awesome “making a difference” group…how did I
miss “immersion day” (spring, 2019)?? If someone wouldn’t mind emailing me to
fill me in a tad more on this, I think I might have something to offer
(talent!) if this endeavor is what I think it is…and I’d LOVE to share.
Thanks! Kathy (Katherine.c.clarrage@xxxxxxxxx)
From: wsmac-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wsmac-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf ;
Of John Brooking
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 9:34 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL SENDER] [wsmac] Meeting Notes from 10/17/2018
Also note that I have restarted the separate Task List
(Yes, I know I keep changing my mind about maintaining this separately. Tasks
are also noted in the meeting minutes as bold highlight.
Meeting Notes, Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Transfers: Package of 10 for $10, could get 2-3 shirts for one transfer. John
proposes making them for sale for $x plus provide shirt, where x covers the
cost of the transfer plus a little more.
Design discussion: Plain logo without all the pictures. Next steps: Leelee and
Kim to contact Agy to collaborate on design, then pass it around committee.
Shirt availability: AC Moore, in addition to Wal Mart. Also uniform shop,
online. Must be cotton, not polyester!
Putting off until spring
John asked about multitasking since we also prep for Together Days in the
spring. Kim says she's all the supplies for the visually impaired part, it's a
matter of planning (including waiver) and setting the date. Biggest planning is
date, time, place, waiver, publicize. Kim can contact Greg Post to ask about
For wheelchair portion, where to get some to use? Rentals would be expensive,
including deposit. Maybe ask around Facebook, other contacts Leelee may have.
Trail crossing at bridge now has a warning sign about it, near Dana Warp Mill.
Main/Stroudwater: No update. We hear DD is opening Nov 1.
Hannaford/Wm Clark: Kim still researching about options. John will prioritize
reaching out to DOT/City for status.
General: Should try to move to report form/map for intersection updates
John presented a visual redesign/restructure of similar information to current
single page at http://WestbrookSafeMobility<http://westbrooksafemobility>.
Potential adds: White cane statute. State house/senate reps.
Styling: Font larger (Kim recommends 12-14 point, serif), colors good.
Committee list should have contact information for that committee.
Update to current site, to Abigail
How to productionalize: Put out to mailing list for recommendation. We do
already have a wix.com<http://wix.com> account set up by Jarod.
Public rollout: Give it out to the public, even if we don't have it quite
ready to update by everyone.
Leelee will look into getting more tags. Kristi has put about $50 in already,
some others have. We agreed to provide bags ($1.75 for 10) if people want, and
tags (free) at every meeting. Also have NetSpend account.
Halloween: Distribute bracelets?
Yes! John has them, will leave on his garage steps for people to pick up to
distribute, and send a message around to the list.
Agreed to form new subcommittee for signage: Leelee, Kristi, Kim. Kim would
like to have more signs on plywood for durability, show them on easels.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, December 4 (skip November meeting due to holidays)