[woodsatlaurelhill] Copy of the Woods Townhome HOA Insurance Policy

  • From: Charles Baskinger <cbaskinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: woodsatlaurelhill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 08:38:34 -0500

Hi Neighbors. When we switched to State Farm for our HOA insurance policy last May, our new agent Johnny Spillman sent us a two-page outline of the coverage terms, but said that, although the coverage started immediately, it would take some time for the underwriters to get the actual policy done, as they were way behind in processing new accounts.
Adrian recently reminded me that we hadn’t received a copy of the final policy, so I contacted Johnny. His reponse with the attached PDF file is below. As you’ll see, I noticed an error that I don’t think should affect our coverage, but asked to have it corrected by the time the policy is renewed: The location being insured is shown as my address, 100 Arbutus Place. I asked to have it read, “100-109 Arbutus Place.”
Please save the file for your records. Also, if you have a mortgage, your mortgage provider should be notified of the change in insurance provider, if you haven’t already done so.
Charles

Begin forwarded message:
From: Charles Baskinger <cbaskinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Requesting copy of the Woods Townhome HOA Insurance Policy
Date: January 30, 2024 at 12:54:21 PM EST
To: Johnny Spillman <johnny.spillman.eyv3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Johnny. Thanks for sending this.

Something I hadn’t noticed before, that I realize now was also in the two-page proposal with the quote that you sent last May: all of the units are shown with my address as the location being insured, that is, 100 Arbutus Place.

Actually, there are ten units being insured, with addresses 100 to 109 Arbutus Place (with the five even numbered units in the building on my side, and the odd numbered units in the building on the other side).

Perhaps when the policy is renewed in May, you could update the location to show “100-109 Arbutus Place”. Thanks!

Charles Baskinger
cbaskinger@xxxxxxxxx

On Jan 29, 2024, at 11:05 AM, Johnny Spillman <johnny.spillman.eyv3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good morning, Mr. Baskinger.

I hope this email finds you doing well.

I have attached the policy to this email for you.

Have a great week!

Johnny Spillman, Jr., Agent
Bus: 336-897-5252
Bus: 919-636-5848