[Wittrs] Re: [quickphilosophy] Re: Next Up

  • From: wittrsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: quickphilosophy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:13:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Walter:

The property we're looking at is very nice, except for the fact that the
current tenants have made quite a mess of the structures. We'll see what
happens. It's time to milk the rewards...or pay the price. I'm not sure which!

OK on "W. on Rules and Private Language" as a choice. The only thing I have
against it is that it has been hashed over quite well by the
wittgenstein-dialognet group a couple of times. Kripke did not convince many
people of the correctness of his interpretation of Wittgenstein on PL. However,
he really did convince quite a few people that a Millian theory of reference
was correct and that things like necessary a posteriori propositions can be
given. So, I would urge a review of N&N. Who has the guts to cover *that*?
Maybe yourself, because you've just perambulated it once more, but maybe it
should be farmed off to a novice.

But, you know, I could go for McTaggart too! Why is the world like Frege's
logic and not like McTaggart's and Hegel's logic? Did we receive any argument
for that already? Actually, I like Hegel, even though I'm repeatedly accused of
being a logical positivist.

Thanks!
--Ron