Re: [quickphilosophy] Re: Fodor on Concepts IV: Circularity

  • From: wittrsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: quickphilosophy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:10:11 +0100

Isn't that too strong a requirement?

What is at stake is, for example, that there are numerous translations
of Dante's Inferno into English.  It isn't that it can't be translated,
the question is whether there is a correct translation, all the others
therefore being wrong.

Quine would, I think, say that none of the translations is "correct" and
none ever will be.  That seems quite sufficient.