Re: [quickphilosophy] Re: Fodor on Concepts IV: Circularity

  • From: wittrsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: quickphilosophy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:53:14 -0700 (PDT)

Analytic it is!

--- On Thu, 9/23/10, Martin N Brampton <martin.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Martin N Brampton <martin.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [quickphilosophy] Re: Fodor on Concepts IV: Circularity
To: quickphilosophy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 2:27 PM

Well, Wikipedia thinks they are so defined:

Mammals (formally Mammalia) are a class of vertebrate, air-breathing
animals whose females are characterized by the possession of mammary
glands while both males and females are characterized by hair and/or
fur, three middle ear bones used in hearing, and a neocortex region in
the brain. Some mammals have sweat glands, but most do not.