[Wittrs] What would Wittgenstein have said?

  • From: Rajasekhar Goteti <rgoteti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 18:43:59 +0530 (IST)

The worshipper is the worshipped.Posted:The worshipper is the worshipped. To
worship another is to worship oneself; the image, the symbol, is a projection
of oneself. After all, your idol, your book, your prayer, is the reflection of
your background; it is your creation, though it be made by another. You choose
according to your gratification; your choice is your prejudice. Your image is
your intoxicant, and it is carved out of your own memory; you are worshipping
yourself through the image created by your own thought. Your devotion is the
love of yourself covered over by the chant of your mind. The picture is
yourself, it is the reflection of your mind. Such devotion is a form of
self-deception that only leads to sorrow and to isolation, which is death. Is
search devotion? To search after something is not to search; to seek truth is
not to find it. We escape from ourselves through search, which is illusion; we
try in every way to take flight from what
 we are. In ourselves we are so petty, so essentially nothing, and the worship
of something greater than ourselves is as petty and stupid as we are.
Identification with the great is still a projection of the small. The more is
an extension of the less. The small in search of the large will find only what
it is capable of finding. The escapes are many and various but the mind in
escape is still fearful, narrow and ignorant. The understanding of escape is
the freedom from what is. The what is can be understood only when the mind is
no longer in search of an answer. The search for an answer is an escape from
what is. This search is called by various names, one of which is devotion; but
to understand what is, the mind must be silent. - Commentaries On Living Series
II Chapter 10 Devotion And Worship

http://in.yahoo.com/