[Wittrs] Re: What the Man in the Room Knows (and when does he know it?)

  • From: Gordon Swobe <gts_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:21:33 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 3/23/10, SWM <wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> the system that is the CR is insufficiently specked

Underspecked? Hardly! The system that implements this program has
consciousness, hundreds of billions of interconnected neurons and an English
education. I wish my computer had everything it has.

Even then my computer would not understand Chinese from manipulating Chinese
symbols according to rules of syntax. T'ain't logically possible except in
science-fiction novels.

Do you like science-fiction?