[Wittrs] The Quantum Case

  • From: "SWM" <SWMirsky@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 00:30:27 -0000

Really it's time we started to look at a broader array of positions and
consider what some of the presumed experts in the field have been saying about
this (since it's obvious everyone here who has expressed an opinion on the
Searle-Dennettian model controversy is fully wedded to their views -- better
now, I think, to expand our horizons and look at a broader range of options).
What follows are two views on how consciousnes is best explained by a quantum
account:

Hagelin on unified (string) theory and the idea that consciousness is the
underlying foundation of everything as expressed at the quantum level):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrcWntw9juM&feature=related

Hameroff on how quantum explanations provide the best account for how
consciousness happens in brains:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4y8mTRqXAo&feature=related