[Wittrs] Re: The Epiphenomenalism of Dennett-Consistent Philosophies of Consciousness

  • From: "iro3isdx" <xznwrjnk-evca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 01:26:01 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Justintruth <wittrsamr@...> wrote:

> 1a) We have agreed to describe my awareness as physical.

I haven't agreed to that.  I agree that there is a physical basis  for
awareness, but I am uncommitted as to whether the term "physical"  can
be properly applied to awareness.

> 1b) It is the job of physics to describe what we agree to call
> physical.

Hmm, no it isn't.  It's up to physicists to decide what physics  should
do.  They are not bound by our every whim in usage of the word
"physical."

Regards,
Neil