[Wittrs] Strawson on Experience and Experiencers

  • From: Joseph Polanik <jpolanik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 05:09:21 -0500

Cayuse wrote:

>Joseph Polanik wrote:

>>unless you can show that there is experience that is unexperienced
>>by anything at all, experience implies an experiencer.

>I can't even show that there is experience, let alone qualify that
>experience, and neither can you. Your conclusion is therefore in error.

you've previously admitted that there is experiencing; in particular,
experiencing an afterimage. are you revising your position? if so, how?

if you are not now denying what you previously admitted; then, the
problem remains: unless you can explain how there can be experiencing an
afterimage not experienced by anything at all, experiencing implies an
experiencer.