[Wittrs] Re: Searle's CRA shows nothing

  • From: "iro3isdx" <xznwrjnk-evca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 01:06:31 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gabuddabout" <wittrsamr@...> wrote:

>> As I read through this thread, I get the impression that some people
>> do not understand the systems reply.

> My reaction was to think they either contradicted themselves or
> changed the subject into a subject that Searle wasn't arguing
> against.

The Systems Reply is as completely natural reply for AI people  to make.
It is how they are thinking about things (such as how to  handle
semantics).  So, no, they did not change the subject into  something
Searle was not arguing against - that is, unless Searle  wasn't actually
arguing against AI.

Regards,
Neil