[Wittrs] Re: I Experience in Ordinary Language

  • From: "void" <rgoteti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 05:12:25 -0000

--- In WittrsAMR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joseph Polanik <wittrsamr@...> wrote:

> Cayuse wrote:
>
>  >Joseph Polanik wrote:
>
>  >>yes, 'I experience' is a statement expressed in ordinary language;
>  >>but, there's no problem with it. if I am experiencing an afterimage
>  >>and I report 'I am experiencing an afterimage', it seems like a very
>  >>accurate report.
>
>  >It's that 'seeming' that is the problem -- it leads to the circularity
>  >of your argument "I experience (i.e. there is an "I" that experiences),
>  >therefore I am an experiencer".
>
> there is no circularity.
>
> there is self-reference.
>
> the fact that the assertion ('I experience') is made is proof that
> something makes the assertion, is it not?
>
> Joe
>

> --
>
> Nothing Unreal is Self-Aware
>
> @^@~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~@^@
>        http://what-am-i.net
> @^@~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~@^@

> Need Something? Check here: http://ludwig.squarespace.com/wittrslinks/

From The Core of the Teachings - Krishnamurti 1980

Man has built in himself images as a fence of security - religious, political,
personal. These manifest as symbols, ideas, beliefs. The burden of these images
dominates man's thinking, his relationships and his daily life. These images
are the causes of our problems for they divide man from man. His perception of
life is shaped by the concepts already established in his mind. The content of
his consciousness is his entire existence. This content is common to all
humanity...
When man becomes aware of the movement of his own consciousness he will see the
division between the thinker and the thought, the observer and the observed,
the experiencer and the experience. He will discover that this division is an
illusion. Then only is there pure observation which is insight without any
shadow of the past. This timeless insight brings about a deep radical mutation
in the mind.