[Wittrs] Re: I Experience in Ordinary Language

  • From: "Cayuse" <z.z7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 13:04:58 -0000

Joseph Polanik wrote:
what do you conclude from the two facts on the table:
that conscious experience is not an empirical phenomenon;
and, that there is conscious experience?

The idea of conscious experience appears as part of the data of conscious experience, but there is no advantage in talking or even thinking about that idea. Even so, we have a picture of the world and we have a non-empirical idea of conscious experience, and our drive for explanation compels us to try to find a bigger picture in which conscious experience fits into the world. This is the start of a lot of hot air.