[Wittrs] Re: I Experience in Ordinary Language

  • From: "BruceD" <blroadies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 05:19:27 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Cayuse" <z.z7@...> wrote:

> I see a bent pencil. What added value is there is postulating the
existence
> of something that "consciously experiences" the seeing of that pencil?

When you tell me "I see a red pencil", I don't postulate "You". Rather,
I have no reason to doubt that there is "You", a person, who sees a red
pencil. Now, I may be wrong. Perhaps you are a robot that is programmed
to say "I see a red pencil" when that object is its visual field. Then
there is no "You." But there is still "Me" wondering what will happen
next.

bruce