[Wittrs] I Experience in Ordinary Language

  • From: Joseph Polanik <jpolanik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 06:26:20 -0500

Cayuse wrote:

>Joseph Polanik wrote:

>>the fact that the assertion ('I experience') is made is proof that
>>something makes the assertion, is it not?

>Conscious experience (as you and I are using this term) is not an
>empirical phenomenon in the world,

I agree that conscious experience is not an empirical phenomenon in that
it is not a measurable phenomenon (third-person, publically accessible)
'out there' in the physical universe.

what do you conclude from the two facts on the table: that conscious
experience is not an empirical phenomenon; and, that there is conscious
experience?