[Wittrs] Re: I Experience Cayuse Talking in Circles

  • From: "Cayuse" <z.z7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:27:05 -0000

"Cayuse" wrote:
Your claim expands to "there is an 'I' that experiences the data of
experience", where this putative "experiencer" makes no appearance in
the data of experience,

BruceD replied:
Are you saying that if we meet and speak, you wouldn't experience me
as a person? You lack data to make this decision?

If we meet and speak, you would be a physical object in the data of
experience that looks and behaves in a manner to which the ascription of
personhood would be quite appropriate. But there would be no empirical
evidence of any putative "experiencer" associated with that physical object,
and neither would there be anything in the data of experience that gives
grounds for postulating the existence of such a conceptual entity for the
purpose of explanation.