[Wittrs] Re: I Experience Cayuse Talking in Circles

  • From: "Cayuse" <z.z7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 23:11:13 -0000

Joseph Polanik wrote:
I am asserting that 'I experience' is true.

I also assert 'I experience afterimages'. when I am in fact
experiencing an afterimage, I assert 'I am experiencing an afterimage'

on the other hand, it seems that you have adopted some bizarre rule of
grammar that prevents you from reporting afterimages. is that true? if
not, how would you state a first person report of experiencing an
afterimage?

You can assert that the claim "I experience" is true, just like you can assert that the claim "the moon is made of green cheese" is true, but that doesn't make it true.

I can report "I see an afterimage" as a mode of common speech,
but this mode of speech confuses two different language games,
and thereby misleads the unawary into thinking there is an "experiencer" of that afterimage.