[Wittrs] I Experience Cayuse Talking in Circles

  • From: Joseph Polanik <jpolanik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 14:19:13 -0500

Cayuse wrote:

>>>... the assertion that "I experience" informs nobody of anything.

>Joseph Polanik replied:

>>it doesn't have to be informative. it only has to be true to be used
>>as the fact from which the conclusion is derived: I experience;
>>therefore, I am.

>>is there anything at all in your mereological speculations that
>>indicates to you that 'I experience' is false?

>... no assertion can be made regarding the truth or falsity of your
>claim

in the last previous loop thru your philosophy, you led us (by a
convoluted route, I might add) into a quagmire of mereological
speculations without finding an argument to support your present claim
that no one can assert either that 'I experience' is true or that 'I
experience' is false.

clearly, such assertions can, in fact, be made.

I am asserting that 'I experience' is true.

I also assert 'I experience afterimages'. when I am in fact experiencing
an afterimage, I assert 'I am experiencing an afterimage'

on the other hand, it seems that you have adopted some bizarre rule of
grammar that prevents you from reporting afterimages. is that true? if
not, how would you state a first person report of experiencing an
afterimage?

Joe