[Wittrs] Re: I Experience Cayuse Talking in Circles

  • From: "Cayuse" <z.z7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 13:57:40 -0000

Cayuse wrote:
... the assertion that "I experience" informs nobody of anything.

Joseph Polanik replied:
it doesn't have to be informative. it only has to be true to be used
as the fact from which the conclusion is derived: I experience;
therefore, I am.

is there anything at all in your mereological speculations that
indicates to you that 'I experience' is false.

Your claim expands to "there is an 'I' that experiences the data of
experience", where this putative "experiencer" makes no appearance in
the data of experience, and nor is there anything in the data of experience
that gives grounds for postulating the existence of such a conceptual entity
for the purpose of explanation. Consequently, no assertion can be made
regarding the truth or falsity of your claim -- this putative "experiencer"
is merely the result of a confusion of language games, and is a prime
candidate for Occam's Razor.