[Wittrs] Re: Dualism Cooties: Classifying Searle

  • From: Gordon Swobe <gts_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:35:49 -0800 (PST)

Searles defies classification:

"There are not two (or five or seven) fundamental ontological categories,
rather the act of categorization itself is always interest relative. For
that reason the attempt to answer such questions as, 'How many fundamental
metaphysical categories are there?', as it stands, is meaningless. We live
in exactly one world and there are as many different ways of dividing it as
you like."

- Searle, "Why I Am Not Property Dualist"