[Wittrs] Re: Cayuse- Is Consciousness empirical?

  • From: "BruceD" <blroadies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 19:13:17 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Cayuse" <z.z7@...> wrote:

> The idea of "conscious experience" (in the sense in which Joe
> and I were discussing it) has no application in that world given that > it is
> non-empirical

I can't grasp your use since I experience my consciousness and experience is
all about the empirical.

> and that the sensorimotor control loop leaves no role for it.

I'm trying to make sense out of this claim. The "sensory-motor loop" is a
technical term that refers some to theoretical abstractions psychologists use
to make sense out of consciousness.

How can it be unrelated?

bruce