[Wittrs] Re: duckrabbit part 1

  • From: brendan downs <downs_brendan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:02:31 +1200

Thanks, That I will do. duckrabbit i thought was a good choice in comparing say
target shooting and snipering in comat. here we have family resemblances.
Jackie Chan express somewhat of a parallel i.e the fights may be to the death
which is a serious tone but are somewhat comical/not serious.

> Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 10:46:12 -0700
> From: whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Wittrs] Re: duckrabbit part 1
> To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Brendan:
>
> I am terribly confused. Here is what you write:
>
> "I'm afraid I don't understand why duckrabbit with a frame of Jackie Chan is
> a mistake, if It doesn't suit you tastes it could be substituted for any vid.
> My duckrabbit is an EXACT example of Wittgenstein method and Questions. In no
> way does it disrespects W ideas. It is an exellecent example of Socratic
> midwifery(method) and a leading question. also of Pyrrhonian scepticism(Pyro
> wrote a list of books e.g. scepticism about definitions, mathematics
> ,knowledge etc and showed us when framed lead to an infinite regress.) Also a
> great example of paradox's. Set up a logical paradox and put these examples
> into the equation and we Philosophical investigations. "
>
> From what I can see -- unless I'm missing something -- you posted a video
> clip to a Jackie Chan movie. I don't see the relevance of anything here. And
> I am now wondering whether all these posts you are sending to the list are
> really helpful to anything we have assembled ourselves for.
>
> May I ask that you give further thoughts to your offerings before sending
> them?
>
> Regards.

Feeling the financial pinch? Check on MSN NZ Money for a hand
http://money.msn.co.nz