[Wittrs] Re: Private Language Argument

  • From: brendan downs <downs_brendan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:59:42 +1000

Niel

Yes I would agree with you, if I understand Locke correctly, it makes no sense
for a blind person to talk meaningfully of a word if he has not experienced the
object, but I am not to well read on this so I could be wrong but understand
the commentors to agree with you. I was not aware of this argument of Lockes
and thanks for bringing it to my attention. My intention of mentioning Locke
and Berekely was to show the progression of ideas to Humes position of Solipism
and the refutation of it.

Brendan

WEB VIEW: http://tinyurl.com/ku7ga4
TODAY: http://alturl.com/whcf