[Wittrs] POSTING ISSUES

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 18:13:17 -0700 (PDT)

... here's the deal.  We have switched how the group is configured. We are now
using this address as our group address: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxx

IF YOU SEND SOMETHING TO THE OLD ADDRESS, Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, you will be
posting to Yahoo only, and only a fraction of the group. Also, if you click
REPLY from the yahoo archives from an OLD POST, YOU WILL ACCIDENTALLY REPLY TO
THE PERSON PRIVATELY.

There is good reason for this. Yahoo is configured to reply to the sender of
the mail, which, right now, is freelist. So for all current posts (right now),
a reply goes where it is supposed to (freelist, the sender). However, for old
posts, the sender is ... you. So we are having a few transition issues. Here is
what I suggest.

1. Anyone who receives a private mail by accident, -- just forward it to the
group out of courtesy.

2. I will take care of the posts that go straight to yahoo by accident. (just
as i did a moment ago).

We'll be better off once the messages get old. Like I say, everything is ok
right now. It's only old messages that are the problem. Make sure all mails are
going to freelist.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor