[Wittrs] Re: On Wittgenstein and Originality

  • From: Glen Sizemore <gmsizemore2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:33:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sat, 9/19/09, Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My take on this is that Wittgenstein is being sort of
> intellectually aristocratic in the first passage. What he is
> saying is, "if can't tell this is me, you must be an idiot.
> The others are half-wit frauds." instead of being direct or
> petty, he's being Kingly. Anyway, just my take.

GS: I see no evidence, whatsoever, that there is anything on this group that
has anything to do with later Wittgenstein. If Wittgenstein were alive, you'd
probably have to "moderate him," Sean. I think he would tell you exactly what
he thinks about your "anything goes" approach to meaning, as well as "brain
scripts."

Regards,
Glen