[Wittrs] Re: How mind works

  • From: "iro3isdx" <xznwrjnk-evca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 05:49:15 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@...> wrote:

> I'm not really up for this discussion for numerous reasons, but I
> was wondering how a contraption of the sort proposed could come to
> realize that it was such a contraption It seems that these ideas
> try to construct a mechanism that can "replicate consciousness"
> through appeal of a mirror upon itself.

Some people (amateur or professional cognitive scientists) do try to
come up with ideas as to what kind of contraption they are.

They disagree of course.  The kind of contraption that I think I  am
seems to be very different from the kind of contraption that  others
think that they are.

I don't know how others do it.  But here is what I do.  I start by
trying to work out what kind of problems the kind of contraption I  am
has to solve.  And then I look for ways to solve those problems  that
are consistent with the capabilities of biological systems  and
consistent with the evidence.

Regards,
Neil

WEB VIEW: http://tinyurl.com/ku7ga4