[Wittrs] Anascombe and Davidson

  • From: Wittr2Feed <wittrs2feed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wittrsfeed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wittrsfeed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "wittrs2feed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wittrs2feed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 07:49:44 -0700 (PDT)

blog: http://languagegoesonholiday.blogspot.com/

article:
http://languagegoesonholiday.blogspot.com/2011/06/anscombe-and-davidson.html

Leiter: http://leiterreports.typepad.com/blog/

language goes on holiday

________________________________

Anscombe and Davidson
I really have nothing to add to the comments thread, but I feel that I ought to
link to this discussion over at Leiter Reports. It features good comments by
Daniel Lindquist, Dave Maier, and Jimmy Doyle (who was the other Englishman at
the University of Virginia Philosophy Department when I was there). If
Stoutland really implies that Anscombe believes in Aristotelian physics then
that would be unfortunate, but I suspect that he means to imply no such thing.
I haven't read any of the book in question, but I think it needs to go on my
"to read" list.
You are subscribed to email updates from language goes on holiday
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. Email delivery powered
by Google
(Note: This message was forwarded to Wittrs by the group owner, so that members
might enjoy or comment upon it. The original message appeared on another list
or rss feed (indicated above). The author may not, therefore, see your reply).