[witchesofsm] June

  • From: The Drunken Celt <fuguee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wosm <witchesofsm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

From another list, very interesting :>
--Fuguee
======================================

> This is the first day of a month named after a goddess: June
> named for Juno, Goddess and protector of women and marriage.
> Among the ancient Romans it was believed that each woman had
> her special 'juno' which was not so much a guardian spirit as
> an enlivening inner force of femaleness, a kind of hologram of
> femininity that was divisible among the living women of the
> world.
>
>    Since Juno is a goddess of marriage, then this is where the
> custom of June brides originates.  This month brings many flower
> festivals, weddings and dances.  Midsummer Night is a major
> international holiday for lovers, for divining the future,
> for building bonfires and for jumping over them for good
> luck..
>
>    FULL MOON ASPECT:  Mead Moon, Strong Sun Moon
>
>    UNIVERSAL EVENT:  Towards the end of this month, the sun
> starts moving away from the earth, but the constant moon prevails.
> By the end of this month summer is peaking out, all ripens and
> gets ready for the harvest.
>
>    COMMUNAL EVENT: Midsummer Night and Day.  This is usually a
> three-day festival featuring dancing in the woods, with religious
> ecstasy.  This is a time to gather all the tribes together, travel
> home to the old homestead, visit family and kin.  All restrictions
> of chastity were lifted at this time; marriage proposals and
> weddings are lucky now.
>
>    MESSAGE:  To bond, to lead, to rule
>
>    ACTIVITY: Endurance and triumphant fulfillment
>
>    EMOTIONAL MODE:   Bonding, loyalty
>
> HEALING PROPERTIES:  To make strong, to cleanse; prevention
>     and protection
>
> APPROPRIATE SPELLS:  Celebrations of womanpower and loyalty to
> one's own sex, hexes against murderers and rapists, blessings
> on upcoming endeavors, money spells, love spells, weather spells,
> protection spells.
>
>    COLOR:  Purple, indigo
>
>    TREE:  Oak and mistletoe, symbols of the male principle. This
> is the time for rutually cutting the mistletoe (later for magical
> use) and catching in a white cloth so that it nevers touches the
> ground (this practice was later resurrected for Christmas). Mistle
> toe is used in love spells (kissing under it).
>
>    FLOWER:  Rose
>
>    CREATURE: Wren
>

> Most of this information comes from "Grandmother of Time" by
> Z. Budapest - the Goddess Speaks she has for this month is from
> Hera..In  Rome, Hera was called Juno.

=====
"You find magic from your God, We find magic Everywhere.."
Dar Williams, The Christians and The Pagans
ICQ#14917748  Yahoo-fuguee.rm
http://www.ypn.20m.com

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
The Witches of the Solstice Moon
http://solsticemoon.com/witches/
To edit your mailing mode (receive, digest, vacation)
http://solsticemoon.com/witches/
To read on the web
//www.freelists.org/archives/witchesofsm/