[witchesofsm] Re: Interesting...

  • From: "Cheryl" <carbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <witchesofsm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:48:41 -0600

LOL@xxxxxx   when I first started surfing the net and really  got interested in
web pages I spent 6 months collecting graphics and then got hooked on
websets...I always linked back to the owner of the sets when asked to...however
a year later when I moved my site and started checking links I found most of
the link backs did not work...I tried at first to find where the person went
and in some cases this worked but I felt that I at least tried...now I make my
own and I feel like you do Mel...it's a compliment if I see my set being used
somewhere else...however if I were say an artist and sold my artwork for money
I may actually think twice before placing it on the web...I have some of my
sister Carlas poetry on my site and I told her that if she were even thinking
about submitting her poems to a publisher if I were her I wouldn't want them
placed on the web until after they were published...but then I have actually
been to Jonathon Bowsers gallery in Calgary and seen one of his oils that the
price was $23,000.00...my husband has surprised me with quite a few of his
prints and I have several letters from him...he actually called one day and
told Paul that he was his first Canadian purchaser (that was three years ago)
that most of his work is bought by Americans...but his work you see all over
the net in different forms and I know he has never turned me down when I have
emailed him for permission to use his work...and if I had an extra $23,000.00
laying around...hehehe...Iwould definitely buy his oils for they are fabulous!!!

HowlHuggerzzz
Cheryl

Happiness is the journey, not the destination.
So, Work like you don't need money.
Love like you've never been hurt and
Dance Like no one's watching.
http://geocities.com/dimesbabe/