[witchesofsm] Re: Follow up with doc

  • From: Rilana M <rilana_m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: witchesofsm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 20:10:24 -0700 (PDT)

I was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes at the age of 20, 8 years ago. No one in
my family has ever had diabetes. I am special enough to be the first. So, I am
just a freak of nature maybe...LOL! I have lapsed in my good behavior (taking
care of myself) the past few years. But I am trying really hard to get my blood
sugars under control. My doctor even discussed butting me on a new insulin that
is only injected once a day. I am excited. I need to control my diabetes and
not let it control me. Makes sense?

I have heard that doctors have been doing islet cell transplants in people
already and in all cases the diabetes disapearred. So, I am hoping the research
is continued and one day a cure can be widely used. I am hoping,
hoping...oneday.

Hugs and love!

Rilana   rilana_m@xxxxxxxxx