[witchesofsm] Re: Closing of the Witches IMPORTANT

  • From: "Oversoul" <oversoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <witchesofsm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 11:37:36 -0400

So, you wanna play not work, eh? <s>

Do I EVER know how you feel!

Lyssa and I made SpiritAmazon public and we regretted it within a year.  I
thought we were specific with the list's purpose and requirements but
apparently not.  The list grew with all kinds of people who only loosely
associated themselves with the pagan worship of the Goddess or Artemis, our
Patroness, and sought to influence (passively at first and then more
aggressively) with a kind of infusion of all religions so that Artemis became
lost... so very lost... to what it all started out from.  The Council became
the referees (a problem you blessedly don't seem to have on WOSM) and everyone
had their own ideas and began taking over the list with them.  We tried to take
back the list by re-establishing Artemis as SpiritAmazon's Patroness but we
could tell that most of the people just didn't get it and thought we being
intolerant of THEIR Goddess avatars which was NOT true.  I and several members
worship the Goddess not only in the form of Artemis but also as Hecate,
Cerdwynn, etc. but not on SpiritAmazon.

Things became disheartening and I avoided going online with a passion.  My PC
became an albatross around my neck and I didn't even turn it on for days on
end.  At the end of a two week run of avoiding my pc I knew I couldn't go back
to the list as it was now, so we finally spoke the words aloud "Close the list"
and suddenly there WAS a light at the end of the tunnel!! LOL  We were as
honest and open as we could be or needed to be without purposely setting out to
hurt anyone's feelings or make them feel that they were in the wrong for the
way things had gone, and I think that was the hardest thing to do.  It left a
lot of people shocked but also feeling betrayed anyways despite our honesty,
and I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do about their lack of understanding
about our feelings.

I've told you all of this just so that all of you know that calling it quits is
a very hard thing to do.  The guilt of letting everyone down and abandoning the
group was enormous.  Just leading up to calling it quits is agonizing enough
without having to deal with fallout from insensitive people who are largely
trying to deal with their hurt feelings.  Trying to figure out how things got
this bad that you feel this crappy is the best way to beat yourself up, Webby,
so don't go there. <s>  You know what will make you happy so just do it!!  You
have my support all the way.

Big Hugs,
~~Oversoul

---