[wisb] Re: wisbirdn Digest V5 #24

  • From: Buboarcto@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 22:10:55 -0500 (EST)

Hello Jo!

Grant County and Wyalusing are wonderful places to bird.  In July it  might
be a bit hot and harder to get great numbers but if you go early (5:30 am
e.g.) you will probably still hear and see birds.

Wyalusing is great - the Boat Landing, Passenger Pigeon Monument, the
Look-out point, just walking up the Long Valley, also the park entrance road
before you get to the park office and after the park office too, both
campgrounds, etc.  The park office has a running bird list you can consult  too.

All along the river is good for birds in the county, also driving the  back
roads for prairie birds between Fennimore and Wyalusing.  But as I say  it
will likely be hot and buggy so you need to be prepared,.  It is  important
to eat when you are hot.  It seems to give energy to tolerate the  heat.
And carry water ...

I was the naturalist at that park way back when and still love to go there
and bird and see the nature.  But I will be in northern Sweden in summer,
so can't join you then.

I hope it turns out to be enjoyable.
Sandy Petersen