(no subject)

  • From: Alan & Joan Linquist <linquists@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:51:08 -0700

Alan Linquist
West Bend
Washington County
I walked along Riverside Park in West Bend earlier this evening.  There were a
few Mallard couples in the river and I got a really good look at a yellow
shafted flicker in one of the trees.  In the distance, I could hear sandhill
cranes and when I got home I could also hear them from the march across the
street.

I did hear a small bird coming from the banks that i could not ID.  The call
was similar in pitch to a chickadee's only it was one note, not the standard
two note call that the black caps make in the spring.  It was a little more
subtle and quiet as compared to the chickadee call, also.  If anyone knows what
that might be, I'll check it out.

Finally, I have not been able to sign into e-bird to report anything.  I've
asked for help from the site but get no response.
Alan