[wisb]

  • From: "Gerard Clausen" <prairywf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbrdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 21:53:27 -0500

As we finished dragging the buckthorn and honeysuckle we had cut down in
August Derleth Park in Sauk City this past Saturday about 7:30 pm I heard
the "Peenting" of a Woodcock. We walked to the area ( an open prairie) it
was calling from but it didn't do it's Skydance. Another called a little
further north and it flew off in that direction. Hopefully next weekend we
can sit,listen, and watch for the skydance.
A question we have as we remove a large quantity of buckthorn and
honeysuclkle in this area of the woodcock what native shrubs should be
encouraged to grow to keep the woodcock coming back?
Gerry ClausenWest Bend Washington Cty