[wisb] Re: n mockinigbird at spg preserve

  • From: tom prestby <jjprestby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 23:18:22 -0500

Chris's post reminds me that some people were interested in which species I
heard the Mockingbird imitate on April 18th when I kept track of the different
songs. The 28 species are listed below. Notice that most are present at Spring
Green at some point in spring or summer but there are definitely a few that it
had to have learned south of here. I think it would be fun if other birders add
to this list when they hear him sing songs of additional species.

Northern Bobwhite
Bald Eagle
Red-shouldered Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk