[wisb] eBird Version 3

  • From: Nick Anich <nicka29@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 20:07:19 -0700 (PDT)

The guys at eBird want to get the word out: they are now considering eBird
Version 3 officially launched. If you're already eBirding, you've already been
following all the new developments, but if you are still a holdout or for some
reason unaware of eBird, you should check out what the site has to offer.
 Also don't forget to visit the Wisconsin portal www.ebird.org/wi which we're
now updating weekly.
Nick Anich
Ashland, WI

Check out eBird Version 3 â?? The ultimate birding tool

If you havenâ??t been to eBird (www.ebird.org) in a while, itâ??s time for
another look. Over the past few months weâ??ve updated eBird so that itâ??s
easier to use and more useful than ever to the birding community. eBird can
help you find birds through our â??Alertsâ?? or by exploring our newly revised
mapping tools and bar charts. Recording and keeping track of your birds is
easier than ever with a completely redesigned data entry system and our
automated listing pages (My eBird). Most importantly, youâ??ll become part of a
growing community of tens of thousands of birders around the world whose data
are now being used in real science and conservation. Best of all â?? itâ??s
free!

eBird Version 3 includes:

·      Global scopeâ??enter and explore observations from anywhere
around the world
·      Streamlined data entryâ??getting your data into the system is
faster and more customizable than ever
·      Improved range mapsâ??explore interactive range maps for any bird
in the world
·      Alerts systemâ??get customized reports about birds of interest to
you in a region
·      eBird Top 100â??find out how your totals rank among other birders
in any region
·      Birding + Science connectionâ??by participating, your data become
available to the science and conservations communities

Weâ??re proud of the new developments at eBird, and we hope youâ??ll take the
time to take the new tools for a test spin. Even if you donâ??t enter data, you
can still explore the information submitted by other eBirders. Moving forward
weâ??ll continue to develop eBird as the ultimate tool to serve the birding
community, while always ensuring that the data we collect for science is of the
highest possible quality. Join the flock, become an eBirder!