[wisb] chat still there this AM - Eau Claire County

  • From: Janine Polk <j_l_polk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:46:26 -0700 (PDT)

I arrived at the spot at 8:15 this morning and found the chat still in situ,
but singing much less persistently than yesterday. I heard a few harsh
"ack-ack-ack-ack-ack"s, some "pook"s, a short guttural trill, and frequent
"bic"s (call note). As an added bonus a Bell's Vireo was singing in the shrubs
nearby! Also in the area are all the regulars (Willow Flycatcher, Catbird,
Thrasher, Song Sparrow, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, etc. etc.). A Grasshopper
Sparrow has a territory just across the road.

Take F south of Eau Claire, go past II and Giese Road, and turn west on Cherry
Lane. Drive in for about a tenth of a mile, park just east of the stand of
medium-sized popples, and listen for the chat and vireo in the shrubs south of
the road.

Janine Polk
Eau Claire