[wisb] bird trip

  • From: "ron and Polly Maertz" <hadada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:58:34 -0800

Hi
I may be coming to Wis this spring or early summer to visit relatives. I'm
trying to figure out if my target birds are worth looking for or are just
too rare in the state.
I would like to to places with good numbers of these birds to increase my
chance of finding them. Are any of these late migrants that I would miss in
late May or early June? My main targets are ACADIAN FLYCATCHER, KIRKLAND and
CERULEAN WARBLERS. As a sidelight it would be nice to hear BLACK RAIL and
LEAST BITTERN. If they are too hard to find I'll make a trip to a state
where my odds are better.
Thanks
Ron Maertz
Glide, Or