[wisb] Re: bird ID by sound: best way to do it?

  • From: Sharon Reilly <reillyhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: anna.ftw@xxxxxxxxx, WisBirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:23:44 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Hi Anna,

Like you, I'm fairly new to birding in Wisconsin having moved here only 4 years
ago from Hawaii.

I've found a couple of great resources

Stan Tekiela Birds of Wisconsin book which you can purchase online directly
from publisher at
http://www.adventurepublications.net/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=joeqnrl8

But the best value is buy to the companion set (book and audio cd) from
Wisconsin Historical Society at
http://shop.wisconsinhistory.org/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=2&idproduct=1209

Also there's Birds, Birds, Birds by John Feith along with his Birds Song Ear
Training guide. Both can be purchased online at "Wisconsin Made"

http://www.wisconsinmade.com/gift-ideas/Birds-Birds-Birds-An-Indoor-Birdwatching-Field-Trip-DVD-2155.aspx

http://www.wisconsinmade.com/gift-ideas/Bird-Song-Ear-Training-Guide-Who-Cooks-Poor-Sam-Peabody-CD-1317.aspx

Good luck and happy birding.
Sharon