[wisb] banding of falcons chicks at UWO

  • From: "Bettie R. Harriman" <bettie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:16:29 -0500

The two Peregrine Falcon chicks on Grunhagen Conference Center were
banded by Greg Speton this morning.  They are a boy and a girl.  Her
name is now Titan and his is Millenium.  They are healthy and were
quite indignant at the whole process - very vocal, as were the
parents when I left the building a bit after the chicks were returned
to their box.

Some Green Bay TV stations were there so you might see this on
tonight's news shows.  I know WFRV was there.

Greg said most of the prey items he could tell anything about
appearred to be blackbirds - red-wings and grackles.

Bettie Harriman
Oshkosh