[wisb] Yellow-throated Warbler & RFI

  • From: Brian Doverspike <briandoverspike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 21:53:39 -0500

Sorry, I couldn't resist the teaser.  Becky and I did see two, however they
were in Roatan and not here.  Roatan is an island off the coast of Honduras
where we were on vacation for the past week primarily for scuba diving.  Some
other of our friends still on their winter vacation that we saw were the
Osprey, Great Blue Heron, Cattle Egret, Turkey Vulture, and American Redstart.
We saw a Kingfisher that looked and sounded like a Belted and also saw a
Woodpecker that looked like a Red-bellied but had a different call.  Can anyone
help us with web sites that are helpful for ID'ing birds from other countries?
There are several birds we could not ID positively and would like to try.  We
were going to buy a field guide for the area but ran out of time before the
trip.  Sounds like the birding action is heating up around here.  We birded
some of the same areas as Peter Fissel today and had about the same results.
We also had both Yellowlegs and an American Pipit at Harvey and Wangness.
That's all for now.

Brian Doverspike and Becky Anderson

Pardeeville, Columbia County