[wisb] Re: Yard Lists

  • From: Jesse Ellis <calocitta8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 14:14:58 -0500

Hey all-
I like this "within from without, or without from within" rule. I don't yard
list heavily, but I recall a similar story to Chris's of a Eugene OR birder
hearing white-fronted geese while a quarter mile of his home, and racing
them back to be within his yard to tick them when they flew over.

My dad has a bit of a hobby farm in central MN, and we were astonished to
find we had a list of 179 when we totaled them up. Not sure if it counts as
a yard, I suppose, but hey, if Tom is counting his mobile yard, we'll call
the farm a "yard".

Jesse

Jesse Ellis
Madison, Dane Co, WI