[wisb] Re: Wren in Oshkosh

  • From: Paul Bruce <birdsandfish49@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 10:41:25 -0800 (PST)

The minute I saw this post, folks, I immediately flew over to Clark's house, to
see what I could find.
I did happen to meet Clark as he was about to leave somewhere, so we had a
brief chat.  Unfortunately
he saw the bird yesterday during the snowfall and then did not see it since.
He thinks it still may be
in the area to his west "across the channel".  I'll keep trying to chase this
critter down and see what I
can pish out.  My first attempt at pishing got a bunch of house finches,
juncos, sparrows and a

GC Kinglet.  The Lindos are real nice birding folks and will let me come back
to try again at any later
time or maybe anyone else for that matter, just let them know who you are.
   His description of the wren sounded unlike a House,......but what, if not a
Carolina?

  Good luck to me and whoever....
  Paul Bruce